It’s strawberry season in New England and I’m excited to started experimenting with some new strawberry recipes. These strawberry gummies are an excellent way to get your daily dose of uber-healthful gelatin. Check out this post over at Grass Fed Girl for a comprehensive list of gelatin’s many health benefits. I use the pasture-raised beef gelatin made by Vital Proteins (available here).
Strawberry Gelatin Gummies
1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup water
3 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
1/4 cup grass-fed gelatin (find it here)
- Use a food processor or immersion blender to combine strawberries and water into a liquid.
- Pour into a saucepan. Add the maple syrup and gelatin, whisking together until well combined into a thick paste.
- Turn heat on low and continue to whisk mixture for 5-10 minutes, until thin.
- Pour into glass baking dish and let sit in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Cut into small squares and EAT! 🙂