Finding a good gluten-free cracker is hard enough, but with my egg allergy, it’s damn near impossible. So I decided it’s time to start experimenting with homemade crackers…and while it’s time-consuming, my first attempt was super successful!
Sweet Potato Crackers
1 1/2 cups 1:1 flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp butter (Kerrygold is the best!)
1 cup mashed sweet potato (a large microwaved sweet potato should be just right)
salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder & butter until consistency is crumbly – you may need to use your hands to really work in all the ingredients.
- Add sweet potato and mix until well combined
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to ~1/8″ thick.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, score dough into squares. You can also use a fork to make little holes for decoration 🙂
- Transfer squares to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle salt on crackers and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- After cooling completely, store in an airtight container.
Inspired by this recipe at The Frugal Farm Wife.