Happy 4th of July, everyone! I hope you all are having a fun weekend with sunny weather and good times with family and friends. I’ve whipped up a batch of my Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever (recipe re-posted below) to share at my family gathering today – what gluten-free treats will you be bringing to the next cookout?
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER! (gluten, egg & nut free, Paleo)
(makes 2 dozen)
1/2 cup butter (Kerrygold is the best!)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup arrowroot starch
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1 Tbsp gelatin (I highly recommend Vital Proteins)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/3 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add butter, honey, coconut sugar & vanilla extract to large bowl, mixing until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) and mix until dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Gently roll dough into small balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Be sure to leave plenty of space between each dough ball, as the cookies will spread out quite a bit while baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and let cool completely on wire rack before removing from cookie sheet (cookies will harden a bit and retain their shape better if you don’t move them until they are cool)
These cookies freeze well, but I don’t think you will have to worry about leftovers!
*Note: Exposure to humidity tends to make these cookies soft & crumbly, so keep them in a sealed bag when not enjoying