I’ve been experimenting with commercially available egg replacements, and so far I’ve had good luck with Ener-G Egg Replacer, which I’ve utilized in this recipe. If you give it a try, let me know what you think!
1 cup applesauce
2 ripe bananas
2 cups blueberries
2 eggs’ worth of Ener-G Egg Replacer
2 cups gluten-free oat flour (if you have a food processor, you can grind your own oat flour using gluten-free oats)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tin with unbleached baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, bananas and blueberries.
- Add egg replacer, oat flour, baking powder and baking soda, mixing until well combined.
- Pour batter into muffin tins and bake for ~25 minutes.
- Let muffins cool completely on a wire rack.
These muffins freeze well, too!