These easy muffins are sooooo fudgey. I brought them into work, and my coworkers couldn’t believe that gluten-free baking could taste so rich and delicious! Perfect for dessert or as an indulgent breakfast treat.
Chocolatey Oat Muffins
(makes 12 muffins)
1 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour (or you can just grind up your own oats in a food processor)
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup coconut sugar
2 cup applesauce
2 tsp coconut oil
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with parchment baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, applesauce and coconut sugar.
- Add cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and oat flour until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into muffins tins and bake for ~30 minutes.
- Let muffins cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
These muffins freeze well, too!
This recipe was featured on: