My friend & coworker is an avid fisherman, and when he asked me to cover his experiments so he could take a day off, he promised to repay the favor with fresh fish. And he certainly delivered! The next day, he brought me 8 haddock fillets. Yes, I said EIGHT! 🙃
Obviously I froze most of them, but now I’m on a quest to come up with new ways of cooking fish. Luckily, this recipe came out delicious! And the best part about super-fresh fish? No fishy smell in the kitchen, woohoo!
Coconut & Almond Crusted Haddock
Fresh haddock fillets
1 egg, beaten
Almond flour, finely ground
Unsweetened coconut flakes
Lemon slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine equal parts coconut flakes & almond flour in a shallow dish (how much you need will depend on how much fish you plan to cook)
- Dip both sides of haddock fillet in beaten egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off.
- Next, coat both sides of fillet with almond-coconut mixture
- Place fillets on cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with lemon slices, if desired.
This dish would go well with mashed potatoes, green beans or sautéed kale! White wine would pair well, too.